Wanted: Gala Host Committee Members
Join In Her Shoes Foundation’s 2018 Gala Host Committee. Plan a spectacular night of dancing, dinner, and fundraising.
In Her Shoes Foundation (IHSF) is dedicated to making a positive impact on society by empowering and inspiring women and girls in our local community. Our effective three-step approach encompasses Ready Set Girls Academy schools program, a series of professional development workshops aimed at women from all walks of life; and our community-based Giving Back initiative.
What is the In Her Shoes Foundation Gala?
100% led and run by volunteers in the Chicago community, IHSF throws an annual gala to celebrate the work and successes of the Foundation, applaud the girls and women who have participated in the programs, and fundraising to build on, and continue our efforts.
How can you help raise money for IHSF and give back to Chicago's young women?
We are looking for supportive and exceptional individuals to join our Host Committee for the In Her Shoes Foundation “Turning a New Leaf” Fall Formal to be held on Friday, October 12, 2018, at Park Ridge Country Club.
This will be our third Annual Gala for IHSF and we want to make it bigger and better! The event will feature the accomplishments of some of the Foundation’s participants over the last year. There will be great music and food, a silent auction and other entertainment.
We are seeking to staff our Host Committee with individuals from a wide array of backgrounds and/or those who just want to make a difference!
We would ask that each 2018 Gala Host Committee member contributes to the event in the following ways:
· Commit to filling a table of 10 people. You can make a gift of $1,500 or share this cost with the guests that join you (items of the same value for a silent auction are also welcomed)
· Help us build our guest list by providing the names of 5-10 people and/or companies that you believe would be interested in attending or sponsoring the gala
· Solicit in-kind donations such as graphic design and photography services at discounted prices
· Promote and spread the word of the event to your social circles, including their social media contacts, colleagues, friends, and family, to help create a buzz
· Be present at two meetings during the year-long planning of the gala to offer strategic advice and guidance and attend the gala itself to take a lead in welcoming guests
· Be an ambassador for IHSF to excite and inspire guests
2018 Gala Host Committee members will receive the following benefits:
· Listing of your name/company in the event invitation mailed to more than 10, 000 individuals
· Recieve a complimentary membership to IHSF
· Listing of your name/company in the event program that is distributed to event attendees
· Have your name/company promoted with the event across IHSF event promotions including website and social media channels (ie Facebook, Linkedin, and Twitter) prior and post event
· Have fun at a great event while helping to make a difference in the lives of women and girls in our local community!
To become a member of the IHSF 2018 Gala Host Committee, please contact Karen Mignon at email@example.com or IHSF, Executive Director Kasia Wereszczynska, MA, LCPC, RYT.