Become a Group Mentor and Inspire the lives of young girls. This training is provided to those who RSVP and send resume in advance by July 10th, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an initial interview.
Group Mentor Responsibilities:
- Manage a classroom with students from middle school and high school.
- Have some experience in small and large group dynamics (how to steer conversation, keep participants on task without taking over).
- Deliver program with basic knowledge about the social, emotional, and physical development of teen girls.
- Participate in the creation and distribution of newsletters and other promotional and educational materials.
- Work with other group mentors to provide a compelling customer service.
- Facilitate a broad range of workshops and activities.
- Complete reports as required by leadership team.
- Building relationship with the community and schools and be the face of the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Classroom Management Skills: Communication, Time Management, Instruction Skills, Patience, Creativity and People Skills.
- Organizational Skills.
- Ability to work as a team.
- Have a passion for the program.
- Bachelor’s degree, pursuing GED or equivalent in the field of Psychology, Education, Counseling or Social Work.
- Basic knowledge/experience in these areas or relevant field.
- Retired professionals may also apply.
- We are open to students seeking internships. (credit may be applicable to certain schools and/or programs)
- Mandatory background check is required.
- Ability and willingness to travel to program locations using own transportation or public transportation.
- Master’s degree in Psychology, Education, Counseling or Social Work.
What is in it for you?
- A certificate of appreciation which can also be proof of work experience.
- An opportunity to network with talented professionals in the field of education, counseling and psychology and obtain insights on current trends.
- A strong reference for your time spent as a group mentor.
How to Apply:
In Her Shoes Foundation is run entirely by volunteers. If you have the passion to empower and inspire every woman and girl to be her personal best, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by July 10th.